The 1890 Land-Grant Institutions and Tuskegee University Library Deans/Directors Association, Inc. was originally incorporated in June, 1984 in the State of South Carolina as a non-profit educational association. (incorporation in the State of South Carolina lapsed in 1993.) The organization was re-established by action of the members in February 2012 and incorporated in the State of Missouri. The member libraries of the Association serve as primary centers for learning and intellectual activity in support of the information needs of the 1890 Land-Grant system in the areas of agriculture, teaching, research, extension, and international programs through workable and beneficial partnerships and collaborations.
Members of the 1890 Land-Grant Institutions and Tuskegee University Library Deans/Directors Association, Inc. serve the libraries loacated at the respective institutions as indicated on the map below :