Here are lists of databases that might help you, organized by category. All of these databases are available for on and off-campus users here or by going through the Library's Home Page at http://www.library.ncat.edu.
To find these databases from the Library Home Page:
- Choose the Databases tab from the Library home page
- Click Browse Databases by Title
- Look in alphabetical order for the name of the database, as listed to the left.
Please note: For off-campus access use your first and last name, and your Banner ID number.
Tips for Searching
When searching in online databases, remember these rules of thumb:
- The words you enter determine exactly what you get out. So, for different results you must use different words.
- More search terms = fewer results.
- Fewer terms = more results.
- Connect words with AND instead of putting in complete sentences. Computers do not understand grammar.
Family and Consumer Sciences Cross-Disciplinary Quick Search
Results will be restricted to "Full Text" articles. You can change your limits on the right-hand side of the results page.