1980 Purpose of the ASSOCIATION OF 1890 LIBRARY DEANS/DIRECTORS ASSOCIATION, INC
To be primary centers for learning and intellectual activity in support of the information needs of the 1890 Land-Grant system in the areas of agriculture, teaching, research, extension, and international programs through workable and beneficial partnerships and collaborations.
In addition to ensuring the continued high level of quality information support to the academic program and research efforts at the 1890 Colleges and Universities and Tuskegee and to maintain the high standards of operations of the member libraries, the major purpose of this association shall be:
1. To promote cooperation between the 1890 College and University Libraries.
2. To assist Cooperative State Research Service and Agricultural Research Directors' in their programs.
3. To cooperate with U.S. Department of Agriculture and the National Agricultural Library in the dissemination of information, technology and sources of financial support.
4. To seek support for joint innovative efforts between member libraries.
5. To enhance the human resources of the member libraries through professional and staff development and recruitment into the profession.
6. To promote consortia type activities by looking into shared services that are mutually beneficial to members.
7. To promote and practice fiscal prudence by ensuring that all programs, meetings, etc., are vetted to determine the fiscal impact on members.
Last revised May 2012.