Publishing with F.D. Bluford Library
F.D. Bluford Library is looking for partners to participate in its newly created electronic publishing services. The new services will allow faculty and students to publish open access journals and conference proceedings. The Library is using Open Journal Systems and Open Conference Systems, created by the Public Knowledge Project, to facilitate this service.
Open Journal Systems (OJS) is an online journal management software. OJS supports:
- Peer-review processes including blind and double-blind
- Online management of journal
- Delegation of editorial responsibilities
- Management of publication schedule and ongoing journal archiving
- Reader tools, such as RSS feeds and share buttons
Open Conference Systems (OCS) is an online conference software. OCS supports:
- Creation of a web conference site
- Electronic call for papers, acceptance and abstract submissions
- Posting of conference proceedings and papers in a searchable format
- Integration of post-conference online discussions
If you are interested in participating in this pilot, please contact Iyanna Sims (email@example.com), Nina Exner (firstname.lastname@example.org), or your library liaison.